- Colour: A grey-green with gold shimmer.
- Special Attributes:
- Shade: Enough to say yes.
- Sheen: No, the edges only darken.
- Shimmer: Tons of gorgeous gold shimmer.
- Watercolour Usage: It does blend and bleed with water, but not well enough to just add water to already placed ink. The shadowed side of the face was water with a tiny bit of ink added in to it.
- Harkens to Mind: Piloncitos (well named); turn-of-the-century absinthe bars in Prague; the lights which hang above pool tables; corrosion.
- Similar to: Lighter and greyer than Diamine’s Golden Ivy, a sheenless (and, again, more grey) version of Vinta Parol.
- Expense: $14/30ml as of 2022.
- Example: I’ve been watching the adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s Sandman, so the guy who plays Dream of the Endless (Tom Sturridge) and his pouty face are on my mind.
The amount of shimmer that think ink puts out is incredible and sells it for me. I had a sample size and immediately upgraded to a full 30ml bottle once that ran out. I’ve only ever put it in the Noodler’s Ahab, though, because the other side of that amazing shimmer is the shimmertastic mess that it leaves inside the pen. I’ve not given the pen a good cleaning since first inking it up perhaps a year ago and after 3 or 4 refills, it’s starting to skip (as you can see in the video). But I know that’s a solvable problem and worth it for this beautiful ink.