Noodler’s Black Swan Australian Roses
- Colour: Deep red-pink
- Special Attributes:
- Shade: Yes, a lovely amount.
- Sheen: Nope.
- Shimmer: No.
- Watercolour Usage: Water works well with this ink. Like anything with a strong red pigment in it, it will bleed for days with just a little water. However, the lines which were set down before painting seems to stay pretty firm regardless of the water added. So it’s very fun to use in artwork.
- Harkens to Mind: Cherries and any lipstick that calls itself “black cherry”
- Similar to: Warmer than Akkerman Kardinaal Paars, and more saturated thean Robert Oster Dusky Pink. So, I don’t have a duplicate ink of this, really. The warmth is special.
- Expense: $15/3oz as of 2023.
- Example: Bona.
One of my first ‘favourite’ inks. I keep it inked up in a Lamy Safari. It is the least finicky Noodler’s ink I’ve dealt with so far. Bleeds the least of my collection.