Noodler’s Southwest Sunset
- Colour: Orange that fades down to yellow.
- Special Attributes:
- Shade: By the gods, yes!
- Sheen: None.
- Shimmer: No.
- Watercolour Usage: Adding water brings out that amazing daffodil yellow, so I say it’s perfect for watercolour.
- Harkens to Mind: Fire, various stages of a ripening orange.
- Similar to: It’s more yellow than Diamine Blaze Orange.
- Expense: $14/3oz (~90ml) as of 2022.
- Example: Kate Bush
Upon looking up the price, I see that Noodler’s changed the name from Apache Sunset to Southwest Sunset. They are the same ink as far as I can see, though.
This is everyone’s favourite orange, it seems. Many claim it’s their favourite ink, period. I can see the appeal, because the shading is lovely but I have yet to ink it up in anything and don’t yet feel drawn to purchase it in a big bottle. But if I ever get really in to bright inks, this will be here for me.